Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Quote from a Republican Dissident

My mum wrote me a letter the other day and she said, "Son," - she's 86 years old - she said, "Son, please don't become a Democrat". And I told my mum, I called her and I said, "Mum, you know what? I want my party back. I don't want to become a Democrat. I want my party back." The Republican Party that I knew, that I grew up in, a moderate party, a party that believed in fiscal discipline, a party that believed in small government, a party that had genuine conservative values. This is not a conservative leadership. This is a radical leadership. I called them neo-Jacobins. They are radical. They're not conservative. They've stolen my party and I would like my party back.



That's Colin Powell's former Chief of Staff Larry Wilkerson talking about the state of the GOP.

I want my party back too, Mr. Wilkerson.

Ganked from Andrew Sullivan.

No comments: