Monday, April 03, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: "The Hammer Gets Hammered"

Looks like Congress won't have Tom Delay to kick around anymore. The Washington Post is reporting that former Majority Leader Tom Delay is not only bowing out of his re-election race, but possibly resigning from Congress. As the Post notes, this decision comes only a few days after a former Delay aide plead guilty to corruption and conspiracy charge. The aide told federal prosecutors of "criminal operations" being run out of Delay's leadership office.

It's late here in Minnesota and I do have a day job, but let me say this: it's about time. I will leave up to a judge to determine Delay's guilt in legal matters, but I think the representative was a symbol of all that is wrong with the GOP today. His leaving probably won't change things for the better, but I think it's a good thing for him to not be on the Hill anymore.

As they say, this is developing...

No comments: